Monday, October 24, 2011

Social Media - Have a Plan

 So just this past week I decided that I needed to clean up my twitter stream. I used one of the easy tools to show me some of my stagnant twitter followers. I have more than 3500 followers and more than 3300 people that I am following. It can be hard to keep track of everyone. The other issue is that I kept hitting a limit to my followers and that was just irritating when I came across someone new that I wanted to follow so I needed to do a little house keeping. What I was amazed to find was some people, companies, twitter accounts that hadn't had any activity in months and even years. Seriously?

Why am I mentioning this? Well, today in the National Post is an article about Social Media and the importance of a game plan. Part of that game plan is knowing how to use social media, and keeping up with the relationship with your followers. Tweeting a few times when you first get started and then forgetting about your account is a sure way to get you unfollowed.

Check out the article, there is some great info.
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/Social+media+presence+begins+with+game+plan/5595654/story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment